Step One: Qualifications
The first step is to ensure you meet the following requirements:
- You are 18 years of age or older
- Legally able to work in the U.S.
- Tucson/Pima County Resident for at least 1 year
- High School diploma or GED
- Have NOT completed a 4 year college degree
- Able to place into college level courses
- Able to meet income qualifications
*Additional qualifications may be necessary for admissions to specific programs
Step Two: Sponsored Career Areas
We sponsor adults in career areas where there is local demand for skilled workers.
You may already be enrolled in a JobPath sponsored associate degree or certification program. If this is the case proceed to step 3.
You will be required to complete college assessments, attend college information sessions and meet with a Program Advisor.
Sponsorship is awarded for listed careers based on room in the program and funding available.
Step Three: Orientation
Get ready to start down the path to success!
When you are committed to a career area, you will attend a JobPath orientation to learn more about this opportunity.
- Call to schedule an orientation time that best fits your schedule
- You will need to complete a JobPath application
- You will also be given a packet to complete
- The orientation will last approximately 45 minutes
Step Four: Meet with a JobPath Career Counselor
Once you have completed orientation and completely filled out your packet materials, you will now call and schedule your initial interview with a JobPath Career Counselor.
- Be prepared to discuss your career goals, budget, strengths and challenges
- Demonstrate your commitment to completing a degree or certificate program in one of JobPath's Sponsored Career Areas
- Be prepared to give back to your community after graduation
- You will be notified if you are eligible to be enrolled in JobPath
- Research sponsored career areas – Click HERE to see complete list of sponsored career-areas.
- Apply to Pima Community College (PCC) and take the assessment tests at any of the campus locations
- Some programs require a minimum score of 95 on the reading assessment
- Complete the FAFSA application and apply for scholarships
- Attend a PCC new student orientation
- Activate your myPima account
- Speak with a program advisor at the appropriate campus
- If applicable, attend a program-specific information session or orientation
- Complete program specific applications
- Register for courses
- Once all steps are completed, call to schedule an orientation at our office at 520.324.0402.
To request information or if you need additional assistance, please complete the form below and we will contact you within one (1) business day: